First Aid Protocol
- First Aid Attendants are to oversee the games and NOT be a personal attendant for one team.
- Team Managers should make themselves known to the First Aid attendant prior to the game
- Trainers are to attend to an injured player in the first instance unless the attendant deems it serious or is called by the trainer
- The Appointed First Aid attendants will assume control and summon ambulance etc if deemed necessary
- Spinal Boards, neck collars and stretchers are NOT a requirement for Clubs
- Ice must be available
First Aid 2019
- It is mandatory that each Club provides suitably qualified medical personnel for every Match at their home ground.
- Minimum qualification for First Aid Personnel is World Rugby First Aid in Rugby (FAIR) certification for U10 – U12. (Rugby Learning Centre)
- U13 upwards – First Aid Attendant Level 1 (Rugby Learning Centre)
- Personnel with HLTAID003 accreditation or higher exceed the minimum qualification requirement.
- First Aid should be available, identifiable and in a prominent and accessible position to the field of play.
- Pink Vests were handed out at the All Clubs Meeting in April 2019.